CPSMP classes are highly participatory. Mutual support and success build participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Each workshop consists of:
- A small group workshop
- 2 1/2 hours per session
- 1 session per week for 6 weeks
- It is the process in which the program is taught that makes it effective. Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Participants make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program and are taught:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation and poor sleep
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Pacing activity and rest
- How to evaluate new treatments
Your can view the schedule for classes at WV Health Connection. For further information please contact the Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department at (304) 485-7374.