Welcome to the Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department website. Our vision is to provide quality public health services to the communities in Calhoun, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Wirt and Wood counties with dignity, respect and compassion.
Bivalent Booster Now Available
Monkeypox does not spread as easily as respiratory diseases like COVID-19, and people with monkeypox in the current outbreak generally report having close, sustained physical contact with others who had monkeypox.
Symptoms: A flu-like illness with fever, headache, muscle aches, exhaustion and enlarged lymph nodes. A characteristic rash, like blisters or pimples, occurs a few days later.
Duration: The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks and usually ends without specific treatment.
If you have a new/unexplained rash or other symptoms, contact your healthcare provider.
Prevention: Wash hands with soap and water/use hand sanitizer. If you have monkeypox, isolate yourself from others. Disinfect cars/homes where infected spent significant time. Healthcare workers should use PPE when caring for patients.
–From the CDC
More information on Monkeypox from the CDC can be found here.
Flu Shots Available
MOVHD Community Events
- 3-29 MOV Ruck Club, 5 p.m., parking lot in front of MOVHD, all invited
- 4-5 MOV Ruck Club, 5 p.m., parking lot in front of MOVHD, all invited
- 4-12 MOV Ruck Club, 5 p.m., parking lot in front of MOVHD, all invited
- 4-19 MOV Ruck Club, 5 p.m., parking lot in front of MOVHD, all invited
- 4-22 Community Testing, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, 903 Charles St.
We Will See You There, MOV!
Our MOVHD sections will be attending these local events:
- 3/24 MOV WIC -Nutrition Sampling – Piggly Wiggly, Plum St., Parkersburg
- 3/28 MOV WIC – Cooking Demonstration – Cedar Grove HeadStart
- 3/31 MOVHD and WIC – Calhoun Student Interest Day, Arnoldsburg
- 3/31 MOV WIC – Preschool Roundup, Gilmer County
- 4/13 MOV WIC – Ritchie County Baby Shower
- 4/21 MOV WIC – Calhoun County Drug Takeback Day
- 4/22 MOV WIC – Gilmer County Celebrating Children
- 4/24 MOV WIC – Wirt County Baby Shower
- 4/29 MOV WIC – Making Connections with Family Resources, WVUP
- 5/6 MOVHD and WIC – Wood County Community Baby Shower