Welcome to the Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department website. Our vision is to provide quality public health services to the communities in Calhoun, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Wirt and Wood counties with dignity, respect and compassion.
WEST VIRGINIA STRONG – THE COMEBACK
To learn more about COVID-19 check out the following links:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Guidance on Cleaning When Caring for an Ill Person at Home March 2020 (DHHR)
- What to do if you were exposed to someone with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (DHHR)
- What to do if you are waiting for test results or have tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (DHHR)
- Facts to Share About COVID-19 (CDC)
- EPA List of Disinfectants to Use Against COVID-19
- Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 Dashboard
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and You (CDC)
- Get Your Household Ready for COVID-19 (CDC)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (CDC)
- What You Should Do If Sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus (CDC)
WV 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline 1-800-887-4304
Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 (
A letter from the Director of MOVHD
As you are all aware, the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has spread across the globe and throughout the U.S., including West Virginia.
We understand that these are challenging times and that it’s natural for people to ask what they can do to protect themselves and those around them.
We ask that you heed any orders that are made by the Governor, to preserve the health of our friends and family.
If you develop a fever and have a dry cough or are experiencing shortness of breath, please call your healthcare provider immediately BEFORE you visit an emergency department or doctor’s office.
In addition to those measures, you are encouraged to take everyday precautions to prevent illness, including colds and the flu:
- Please stay at home if you are feeling sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If hand washing facilities are unavailable, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you must go out, please practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve on the inside of your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as doorknobs, light switches, tables, countertops, chairs, phones, remotes, keyboards, and touchscreen electronic devices.
You can find more information at www.cdc.gov (COVID banner) or www.wv.gov (COVID-19 link). Operators are available 24/7 at the toll-free West Virginia Coronavirus hotline at 1-800-887-4304 to provide accurate information about COVID-19, the risk to the public, and the state’s response.
Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department